London #4 - Creative Responses to the Climate Crisis
Time & Location
About the Event
“I think our failure on fixing climate change is just a rhetorical failure of imagination.
We haven’t been able to convince ourselves that it’s going to be great.
It’s going to be great.”
This Climate Cocktail Club will showcase people using their creativity to communicate the climate crisis and what we can do about it.
You’ll wander around a room full of posters, works of art, design and other creative responses to climate change that we’ll have assembled following our call for submissions/nominations. We hope to show that it’s possible to break out of the trap of despair and that creativity has a powerful role to play in challenging our perceptions, communicating the facts about climate change, and inspiring action.
You’ll also hear short talks from:
- JC Coccoli is an American comedian, writer and producer. Last year, after driving across the US in an electric car, for an Amazon Prime docu-series The New American Road Trip, she was asked to speak at the United Nations about the experience and what it taught her about climate change.
- (TBC) Josie Tucker and Richard Ashton are founders of climate club Adapt, who are using design, art and contemporary culture to deliver novel communications about climate change, working with the likes of Ecosia, NTS Radio, Tate and The Design Museum.
- Ashley Johnson is Associate Partner at design consultancy Pentagram and Writer at Do The Green Thing, a network of creative and advertising professionals working to make sustainable choices as desirable as unsustainable ones.
- (TBC) Clare Farrell is one of the co-founders of Extinction Rebellion and is a full time activist, campaigner and sustainable fashion designer devoting her creativity and energy to fight climate change.
19:15 Short speeches
20:00 More drinks, explore the room to discover the creative works and games.
The £10 ticket cost includes a free drink. We aim to keep tickets to £5 (including a free drink) but we haven't found a lead partner for this event (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!) and so to cover costs we have had to increase prices on this occasion.
Global Climate Partner
The unavoidable greenhouse gas emissions of hosting this event (travel, energy, consumables, waste etc.) will be compensated for through carbon offsetting, thanks to our global climate partner Natural Capital Partners. With more than 300 clients in 34 countries, including Microsoft, MetLife, Logitech, PwC, Sky and Ørsted, Natural Capital Partners is harnessing the power of business to create a more sustainable world.
Your welcome drink today was provided by our cocktail partner, Pernod Ricard UK. Pernod Ricard UK are proud to manage a prestigious portfolio of internationally recognised brands, of which 19 are counted amongst the global top 100 amongst the wine and spirits brands.
- Ticket including free drink£10£100£0