Thu, 11 Oct|
PwC - Spencer Dock
Irish Climate Leadership Forum
Showcasing the business value for corporate climate leadership in Ireland - hosted by Natural Capital Partners, PwC and Business in the Community Ireland
Time & Location
11 Oct 2018, 13:00 – 19:00
PwC - Spencer Dock, Spencer Dock, N Wall Quay, North Wall, Dublin 1, Ireland
About the event
Natural Capital Partners, PwC and Business in the Community Ireland are pleased to host Ireland’s first corporate Climate Leadership Forum, which will explore how businesses can accelerate progress towards net zero carbon emissions and create business value.
The event is invitation only. To register your interest in attending, please RSVP here or contact Tom Popple (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nick Reynolds (email@example.com).
This exclusive event will bring together business leaders from across the Irish corporate sector, including domestic and multinational organisations. It will inspire and engage, providing a forum for globally recognised climate leaders Microsoft and Marks & Spencer, to share their story; with global climate and sustainability experts analysing trends and opportunities; and showcasing Irish-based solutions in renewable electricity and gas, native woodland creation, carbon offsetting and climate financing, from Forestry Service (DAFM), Gas Networks Ireland, Vita, Brookfield Renewable and others.
We firmly believe that Ireland has the potential to become a global leader on climate change, with business leading the way. Natural Capital Partners and PwC, with the support of Business in the Community Ireland, have come together to host Ireland’s first Climate Leadership Forum to create momentum for business leadership on climate in Ireland. The forum will provide a platform for debate amongst business leaders, stakeholders, policymakers, investors and influencers, providing proven strategies and solutions for reducing climate impacts and delivering sustainable development outcomes.
13:00 - Registration and lunch
14:00 - Opening address
17:30 - Closing address and drinks reception
Feature Opening Address: Dr Tara Shine – the case for corporate climate action
1. Business case for climate leadership and carbon neutrality:
- PwC – the landscape for corporate leadership on climate in Ireland
- Laura Heuston – why your shareholders want you to be a climate leader
- Natural Capital Partners – how you build a credible and value-led climate programme
- Marks & Spencer – taking the lead; Plan A and climate leadership
- Microsoft – beyond carbon neutral; a global approach to climate action
- Panel – business case for climate leadership
2. Irish climate action solutions:
- Ministerial speaker: Ireland as a climate leader
- Business in the Community Ireland – catalysing business action via the Low Carbon Pledge
- Brookfield Renewable – how business can access renewable energy
- Forest Service (DAFM) – how companies can finance native forest creation in Ireland
- Gas Networks Ireland – how industry can lead on green gas production and consumption
- Vita Green Impact Fund – how companies can address unavoidable carbon emissions and deliver impact
- Panel – driving impact via Irish solutions
Feature Closing Address: Marie Donnelly – call to action on corporate climate action